What We Teach
During a live instruction session, librarians can provide a focused lesson on one of these learning outcomes or touch on a few of them more briefly:
- Search the SU Libraries catalog using title, author, and keywords.
- Search 1-2 specialized databases.
- Brainstorm research topics.
- Track the literature by finding sources from a list of references.
- Evaluate source credibility and authority.
- Distinguish between primary and secondary sources.
- Identify peer-reviewed and scholarly sources.
- Cite sources and avoid plagiarism.
How We Teach
In addition to live class sessions, librarians can provide asynchronous instruction by:
- Publishing an online research guide tailored to your specific course or assignment;
- Creating a static or video tutorial to walk students through a process;
- Participating in a Canvas discussion;
- Assisting with adding library resources to your Canvas course;
- Collaborating with you to design new research assignments.
We're happy to explore new ways of teaching with you. Please use the research instruction request form to tell us what you have in mind.