Need Help? We make your research easier.
- Save you time
- Help you find the best materials
- Help you become a better researcher
- Rosemary Green, Graduate Programs Librarian - 540-665-4634 OR email@example.com
- David McKinney, Librarian for Public Services at 540-665-5444 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cindy Thomas, Reference Librarian at 540-665-5421 OR email@example.com
- Denise Blake, Health Sciences Librarian at 540-678-4350 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
What Do You Think?
Psychology Guide Overview
All LibGuides are designed to help students and faculty find the information they need to complete their academic work. Whether you are working on a five page paper, a five minute presentation, or a doctoral dissertation, the Librarians at SU want to support your efforts.
LibGuides will generally provide you with best sources of information including but not limited to:
- Reference books
- Circulating books
- General purpose databases
- Topic specific databases for finding journal articles
- Primary sources
- Web sources
LibGuides will also provide you with "How Do I?" resources which will help you through the process of research
Desired Learning Outcomes for Psychology 101
Students will be able to recognize the difference between a scholarly and popular article.
Students will be able to locate literature databases using the library’s website.
Students will know how to obtain full-text copies of articles, including using Interlibrary Loan.
Students will be able to perform a search within databases to obtain at least 3 full-text psychology articles about a topic.
Students will be able to compile an annotated bibliography about a topic by summarizing three articles in their own words.
ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY ASSIGNMENT:
Pick a study that has interested you in our book so far. Find the original article, and summarize it in your own words. Locate two other full-text articles about that topic, and again summarize them in your own words. You will now have an annotated bibliography of three articles about a topic that interests you.
Public Services Librarian
Librarian for Public Services
Office - 1st Floor Smith Library